Châteauneuf-du-Pape Piedlong 2014 Famille Brunier
Grape: Grenache 90%, Mourvedre 10%
Suitable for Vegans: Yes
Suitable for Vegetarians: Yes
Food pairing: This gorgeous blend would sing sweetly alongside rib of beef, roasted until medium-rare, peppery greens and the traditional classic, dauphinoise potatoes.
- Partially de-stemmed
- Traditional fermentation lasts 30 days in temperature controlled concrete tanks
- Wine is aged in concrete tanks for 1 year, then aged a second year in 50 hl foudres
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered
- Aged in bottle for 3 months
- Grenache fruit comes from the lieu-dit Piélong (10 ha), Châteauneuf-du-Pape’s highest position at 128 m
- Mourvèdre fruit comes from the lieu-dit Pignan (3 ha)
- Both parcels are located north of the village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape on the Plateau du Piélong
Vignobles Brunier embodies the ensemble of holdings by the Brunier family. Brothers Frédéric and Daniel are the fourth generation of their family to farm the land of Châteauneuf-du-Pape. They have worked hard to solidify the legacy left by their father, Henri, and their great-grandfather, Hippolyte. In 1986, the family complemented their portfolio, offering more affordable cuvées that showcase the diversity of terroirs within their holdings. The “Pigeoulet” and “Mégaphone” are fresh, rich in fruit and easy to appreciate young. The red Châteauneuf “Piedlong”, sourced from the Piélong lieu-dit, is a profoundly mineral wine that balances elegance and purity with the muscle that is found in this great appellation.
For a bigger, bolder blend from Châteauneuf-du-Pape, the Château Fortia ‘Tradition’ 2017 would be ideal.